In addition to the above operations responsibilities, the following activities are representative of the different functions for the team:
Global Meeting Services
- Monitoring corporate action events such as shareholders meetings from various sources like EDGAR, SEDAR and Stock Exchanges of each market
- Procuring relevant shareholder meeting documents such as Annual Report, Notice of the Meeting, Information Circular, Proxy Form and other Corporate Governance documents
- Contacting the companies or issuers by email or phone for engagements
- Collecting meeting details such as the date, type, record date, location, time, voting instructions
- Ascertaining securities (ISIN, SEDOL, CUSIP and CINS) that have the relevant voting rights in a meeting
- Extracting the meeting agenda and encoding it to the database to make clients aware of the agenda /resolutions that will be voted at the meeting
- Inputting correct Voting Instructions such as the Valid Vote Options; Market Deadline Date and details of the Registrars
- Collecting results of the meetings and inputting it to the database
- Assisting in any other relevant projects that might be assigned from time to time
Global Proxy Distribution Operations
- Processes vote instructions from clients of GPD banks through to the banks’ local market sub custodians in the agreed upon method and format (SWIFT, fax, email, online voting).
- Completes any additional paperwork needed to support a vote instruction such as proxy cards, power of attorney, etc.
- Performs tasks under the direct voting to the registries service such as completion of proxy cards and uploading of vote files to the registry’s portal.
- Assists the account managers in answering incoming client inquiries.
- Coordinates with the sub custodians regarding rejected vote instructions as advised by the local sub custodians, as well as, requirements to lodge vote instructions for meetings with special instructions.
- Maintains sub-custodians’ contact information, SWIFT addresses, instruction delivery preferences and formats.
- Accomplishes the daily workload through the internal proprietary application GPD Manager.
- Reviews regular automated reports which serve as review or audit of Ballot Generation and Vote Execution processes.
- Contributes ideas, efforts for efficiency and improvement of processes where appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Voting Operations – Custodian Operations
- Procure and process custodian account information to meet desired turn-around goals.
- Develop and refine relationship with Custodian banks.
- Single POC for all assigned custodian specific inquiries.
- Responsible for operations specific Key Performance Indicators.
- Timely resolution of workflow related processes and internal questions.
- Perform Quality Assurance activities to ensure proper execution of assigned tasks.
- Coordinate with account managers to resolve issue identified during Master Account List review cycles.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.