The following activities are representative of the different functions for the team:
Global Meeting Services
The Global Meeting Services provides data support and services covering markets worldwide including US, Canada, UK, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. The team continuously monitors and obtains relevant information on all upcoming corporate action events specifically shareholders meetings where topics such as acquisitions, mergers and demergers, election of directors and auditors might be discussed. The relevant meeting results are also collected. The information collected is accurately inputted in the database and this will be generated for clients to see. Collected information is also used by other teams for further data collection and research for the ultimate issuance of ISS Vote Recommendations.
- Monitoring corporate action events such as shareholders meetings from various sources like EDGAR, SEDAR and Stock Exchanges of each market
- Procuring relevant shareholder meeting documents such as Annual Report, Notice of the Meeting, Information Circular, Proxy Form and other Corporate Governance documents
- Contacting the companies or issuers by email or phone for engagements
- Collecting meeting details such as the date, type, record date, location, time, voting instructions
- Ascertaining securities (ISIN, SEDOL, CUSIP and CINS) that have the relevant voting rights in a meeting
- Extracting the meeting agenda and encoding it to the database to make clients aware of the agenda /resolutions that will be voted at the meeting
- Inputting correct Voting Instructions such as the Valid Vote Options; Market Deadline Date and details of the Registrars
- Collecting results of the meetings and inputting it to the database
- Assisting in any other relevant projects that might be assigned from time to time
Global Proxy Distribution
The GPD Operations Analyst is responsible for the generation and distribution of ballots, management of special meeting requirements and alerts, transmission of vote instructions to the local sub custodians or to the registries, and establishment and maintenance of strong working relations with our network of local custodian banks.
- Processes vote instructions from clients of GPD banks through to the banks’ local market sub custodians in the agreed upon method and format (SWIFT, fax, email, online voting).
- Completes any additional paperwork needed to support a vote instruction such as proxy cards, power of attorney, etc.
- Performs tasks under the direct voting to the registries service such as completion of proxy cards and uploading of vote files to the registry’s portal.
- Assists the account managers in answering incoming client inquiries.
- Coordinates with the sub custodians regarding rejected vote instructions as advised by the local sub custodians, as well as, requirements to lodge vote instructions for meetings with special instructions.
- Maintains sub-custodians’ contact information, SWIFT addresses, instruction delivery preferences and formats.
- Accomplishes the daily workload through the internal proprietary application GPD Manager.
- Reviews regular automated reports which serve as review or audit of Ballot Generation and Vote Execution processes.
- Contributes ideas, efforts for efficiency and improvement of processes where appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Securities Class Action - Research
Securities Class Action Research Team maintains a world-class data management technology that holds up-to-date information of more than 20 years of historical securities class action data that passes through intensive quality control procedures that ensures data integrity. Research Team monitors every market where potential securities litigations occur to identify new cases, update existing ones and monitor industry trends. It has an extensive network of relationships with key market participants. The Research Team performs client functions by inquiry analysis and resolution. Furthermore, the Research Team delivers thought leadership initiatives by preparing daily customizable e-mail alert notifications of cases covered, white papers and reports that offers granule industry insights. Research Team is based in Manila is available 24x5, equipped with understanding of legal nuances within cases and across geographies.
- Identifies securities class action information by utilizing professional research services, internet research, and by developing and maintaining key constituent contacts with law firms, claims administrators, banks, litigation funders and others both inside and outside the U.S.
- Maintains Securities Class Action Services database by extracting relevant data from research sources, entering such data into the SCAS research system accurately and efficiently, and perform audit on newly updated information in the database.
- Participates in team discussion and identifies SCAS relevant events and legal developments
- Support database clean-up and backfill initiatives by performing checks and reviews on existing cases.
- Abide internal controls and procedures to comply with SSAE 16
- Responds to client inquiries by understanding inquiry; reviewing previous inquiries and responses; gathering and researching information; assembling and forwarding information; verifying customer's understanding of information and answer.