The following activities are representative of the different functions for the team:
Global Meeting Services
The Global Meeting Services provides data support and services covering markets worldwide including US, Canada, UK, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. The team continuously monitors and obtains relevant information on all upcoming corporate action events specifically shareholders meetings where topics such as acquisitions, mergers and demergers, election of directors and auditors might be discussed. The relevant meeting results are also collected. The information collected is accurately inputted in the database and this will be generated for clients to see. Collected information is also used by other teams for further data collection and research for the ultimate issuance of ISS Vote Recommendations.
- Monitoring corporate action events such as shareholders meetings from various sources like EDGAR, SEDAR and Stock Exchanges of each market
- Procuring relevant shareholder meeting documents such as Annual Report, Notice of the Meeting, Information Circular, Proxy Form and other Corporate Governance documents
- Contacting the companies or issuers by email or phone for engagements
- Collecting meeting details such as the date, type, record date, location, time, voting instructions
- Ascertaining securities (ISIN, SEDOL, CUSIP and CINS) that have the relevant voting rights in a meeting
- Extracting the meeting agenda and encoding it to the database to make clients aware of the agenda /resolutions that will be voted at the meeting
- Inputting correct Voting Instructions such as the Valid Vote Options; Market Deadline Date and details of the Registrars
- Collecting results of the meetings and inputting it to the database
- Assisting in any other relevant projects that might be assigned from time to time
Securities Class Action Operations
Securities Class Actions Services (SCAS) offers institutional investors a completely outsourced, turnkey solution for securities class action research, filing and notification. SCAS has the industry's most comprehensive database on securities class action litigation, covering 18 years of detailed historical class action data, automated claims notification, monitoring, and filing, and unsurpassed client service. SCAS has been filing securities class action claims on behalf of its clients since 2003. Its team of research and filing professionals has developed close relationships with the SEC and other regulators, custodians, claims administrators and trade groups to address issues affecting our clients and to ensure efficient, accurate and complete filing.
- Import data procured from claims administrators into proprietary systems and address discrepancies to complete reconciliation.
- Prepare claims filing services on behalf of clients, which includes submitting claims, resolving deficiencies, responding to client inquiries, preparing client reports, and conducting account maintenance
- Build relationships with various groups in the industry (claims administrators, litigation funders, law firm, and custodians) to improve efficiency in the products and services offered to clients
- Follow internal controls and procedures to comply with SSAE 16
- Provide team support by performing additional tasks as deemed by the manager
Global Proxy Distribution (Fixed-Term)
The GPD Operations Analyst is responsible for the generation and distribution of ballots, management of special meeting requirements and alerts, transmission of vote instructions to the local sub custodians or to the registries, and establishment and maintenance of strong working relations with our network of local custodian banks.
- Processes vote instructions from clients of GPD banks through to the banks’ local market sub custodians in the agreed upon method and format (SWIFT, fax, email, online voting).
- Completes any additional paperwork needed to support a vote instruction such as proxy cards, power of attorney, etc.
- Performs tasks under the direct voting to the registries service such as completion of proxy cards and uploading of vote files to the registry’s portal.
- Assists the account managers in answering incoming client inquiries.
- Coordinates with the sub custodians regarding rejected vote instructions as advised by the local sub custodians, as well as, requirements to lodge vote instructions for meetings with special instructions.
- Maintains sub-custodians’ contact information, SWIFT addresses, instruction delivery preferences and formats.
- Accomplishes the daily workload through the internal proprietary application GPD Manager.
- Reviews regular automated reports which serve as review or audit of Ballot Generation and Vote Execution processes.
- Contributes ideas, efforts for efficiency and improvement of processes where appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.